January 9th, 2024

Really diggin’ this!

1 Like

I enjoyed the cover, loved the vocal panning!

Oh I love King crimson! Have tickets to see them at red rocks when they come to Denver this year

I love the Kaosspad. I got it for my birthday… my mom and my sister found it on my Amazon wishlist and bought it for me. The problem is that I use my wishlist more like a this-might-be-interesting-list, and when it arrived I barely remembered what it did.

The effects on the Kaosspad are a bit exagerated, and most of them are useless. I probably use 10-20 out of the 100 effects. But you can just adjust the wetness, and you can also remove all the dry signal to use it as a bus (which is nice with the Line Module for the OP-Z).

I also love that it can play samples from the SD card, and also record to the SD card. I think it’s a perfect companion to the OP-Z, adding a more organic feeling that is not quantized. I wish it had MIDI in/out/clock, and that it had an SDK for creating and managing new effects (similar to the NTS-1).

2 Likes

What a VIBE. The monotron is really creatively used here. Is it synced to a clock or did you manually set the tempo?

Love how you split your left hand and right hand by assigning them to different instruments. The delay on the OP-1 is calming and sparkly. You’re making me want to buy one!

Oooh how do you like the generation loss? Are there enough options on it to warrant using it over a VST that does similar things? It sounds really nice and natural in this piece

2 Likes

What a cool way to loop. I love the way this turned out

What a twist at 0:15! I think you responded to the prompt nicely

1 Like

Nice. Is there a keyboard off to your right or are you using something else to produce the melody line?

Feels like the backing track to a moody high-school movie set in the early 80s

Learned how to sync scattering effects through midi.

Were you able to sync it pre or post recording? Because that sounds very useful to be able to do live!

Thanks, it is a combination of CV from Gliss (0-5V CV hold mode) and me staring at the Mosaic quantizer (only white keys enabled). What Rings and Wogglebug was doing around that I think was a combination of polypnony, brightness modulation, and the audio input.

1 Like

Me too! So much so that my Prog Band has several tracks influenced by them. If only they would come to Australia. :frowning:

1 Like

No syncing here. All just manual.

1 Like

Great jam. Lots of very cool sounds and patterns!

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply! Might just stick with things I have then. e. .g NTS-1 is great for effects.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve only owned it for a month or so, but it doesn’t disappoint. So far I’ve only run Norns through to add some vibe (in this case playing a sine wave drone), but the movement it added to the drone was really compelling and having it right next to the Norns with access to the knobs is really nice.

Oh! And being able to use the “new” mode with all of the different tape models and with the flick of a dip switch be in “classic” mkI mode is really, really nice when you want to switch things up.

1 Like

The vocal scatter effects will sync via the midi clock during recording, in a live setting.

There was an issue with this recording with latency between the vocals and the track, I just didn’t notice it until after recording and the vocals were almost a 1/4 step late. The fix was to have the earphone monitors connect directly to the audio interface, instead of routing through the soundcard. Just didn’t have time to rerecord that night.

1 Like

Cool! That sounds like a sweet setup.

OMG, Korg did just that!!!

1 Like