Show your setup!

This is my little collection:

• Elektron Model:Samples : This is most likely the first one I’m going to upcycle this year. I’ve never been a sample collector; I want to craft my own sounds.
  • Elektron Model:Cycles : This one is a keeper!
  • Zoom 505 Multi Effect : I found this in a thrift shop for 10 bucks. It’s old, it’s gnarly, but boy does it pack a distortion :smiley:
  • Zoom MS-70CDR : The legend; also a keeper because of it’s versatility and it’s cultural status. I might even get more of these if I get my hands on them
  • Behringer Crave : Nice and warm analog sound. With custom made wooden oak panels. It does need some maintenance though. Might have to open it up anytime soon.
  • Cre8audio East Beast : The newest member of the family. I was immeadiatly hooked when it was released last summer, and I’ve got this one now for a week. Still have to discover the best way to use it though…
  • Electro Harmonix Platform Stereo Compressor : My end-line catch-all processor. That’s right: the entire mix goes in the end through this pedal to add some compression and some drive.
  • Arturia KeyStep 37 : Since you need some keys sometimes…
  • Zoom G1on : Another MultiFX I got second-hand for 20 bucks. Still requires a firmware hack so it has the same effects as the MS-70CDR.

Still got a lot on my wishlist, like a stereo looper with Midi Sync (EHX 1440?) and I think I might dip my toes a bit more into modular this year, but we’ll see what 2023 brings…

3 Likes

Here’s my modular set up. Felt like the GAS would never end but i’ve definitely hit a plateau now and have turned thoughts to trading on what i don’t use so much…isn’t the planning half the fun :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whoa, this is a lot of magnificent hardware. I have high expectations now for your submissions. Wherever I look in the picture, there are gems.

Not the most actual photos, modular is always changing but the most of it is still there and only thing what is missing is my new Arturia Minifreak :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A somewhat outdated photo of the main part of my setup:

And up to date ModularGrid screenshot (and link)

This is on the right side of a corner desk. In the center, there’s my computer and a Launchpad Pro mk3. On the left, a 3U rack box with power switches and my audio interface, and a Minibrute 2S on a stand atop that.

There’s also my lovely Miezo 18 from Maurizo Über Basses. I’ve only been playing bass casually for about a year, integrating it into my ambient/drone music rather than playing typical bass parts.

I love the Miezo because its short scale length suits my hands better than a standard bass, and it’s compact enough I can play it while sitting at the desk also playing synths, instead of bumping the headstock into things.

And a Thingamagoop 3000, which has been sitting around idle until Jamuary gave me the urge to start using it again (this is Bleep Labs’ photo; mine is similar but with a green LEDacle):

(For those not familiar, there’s an LFO-controlled LED you can aim at its light sensor (and/or use other lights/shadows) to modulate a digital oscillator or FX parameters… it’s fun for sci-fi wobbly noises and drones and noise, mostly.)

1 Like