Jamuary 5th, 2024

Current progress: ■□□□□□
Prompt: Use an acoustic instrument
BPM: 110

#jamuary2024 - ROAT with ISD1820 LoFi Sampler Jam

3 Likes

Posting early again for tomorrow. I’ll try to use an acoustic instrument this weekend, and that frippertronics video from a few days ago makes me want to do something like that. This one is pure drone-noise and not much changes for seven minutes, but it’s kinda meditative after a few. Probably should’ve made it shorter.

3 Likes

Moar pocket operator goodness! It’s slow to start, but it picks up.

3 Likes

@Expensive_Notes Ha! I like how we both had an angry screamy synth sound in ours today! I like how you manipulated the samples of your voice. Gave me requiem for a dream type vibes.

@Gubna You’re right, it does get meditative after a minute or so! Enjoyed just relaxing to it! Glad the frippertronic video inspired you! I love playing with the delay, it’s so soothing.

1 Like

You are right, it is meditative. Nice

Just a couple minutes under my time limit for the day. Turns out writing lyrics takes TIME! Jan 5.mp3

1 Like

I’m just reminded of a calculator I took apart when I was a kid. Lots of good bleeping going on here!

I want to know what the words are but it’s probably better I don’t. That noise was really jarring at first!

The piano, my timeless love.

Is that a… didgeridoo? Sounds epic.

This is how I imagine working on SETI (search for extraterrestrial intelligence) sounds like

The minimalist intro was sweet but that drum best was siiick. I’d totally listen to a longer version of this

1 Like

I tried to follow the prompt but after trying with with two broken accordeons, a false Kalimba, a kiddy toy xylophone and two samba balls and no mic to record with so relying on my phone which made files that my DAW could not read I gave up and just jammed with my trusty synths.

To quote the Dance Dance Revolution announcer “There is always a tomorrow!”

Still happy with the jam :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My first response reading your comment under the track was I didn’t knew you play piano at all! Which made the start of the track even better. Turnes out playing around with knobs always make things better in your hands!

Keep up the creativity!

1 Like

No it’s not. Glad you liked it.

Here’s mine:

Jamming with my baritone ukulele, and using the ZOIA for a delay.

3 Likes

I hijacked the audio from yoga class this a.m. (for lack of an acoustic instrument):

2 Likes

Missed yesterday’s post (tbh, I really didn’t end up liking what I put together) so I took some extra time on this one. However, I missed the prompt of the acoustic instrument, d’oh! Still enjoyed making it. Enjoy swimming in this one!

2 Likes

Lovely stuff. No wonder you wanted it to be acoustic.

1 Like