January 10th, 2024

Day 10, almost a 1/3 complete!

Prompt: Micro
BPM: 80
Mood: minute

1 Like

Proud of my 9 day streak so far :slight_smile:

Seems it will be desktop synths only tomorrow.

1 Like

Jamuary 2024 Roland S-1 and Wingie2 Resonator

3 Likes

Ohhhh, man… I’m in love with that resonator! I’m trying to save money, I’m currently buying a condo… don’t do that to me! :slight_smile: (I’m going to give this ZOIA patch a try!)

Really beautiful jam, I love how you completely transform the arpeggio. Just beautiful.

1 Like

It is so cool. And you can create your own firmware for it if you want to…
:wink:
Will be interested in how the zoia patch goes…

1 Like

Sorry my first submissions this year don’t use the prompts and BPM, I hope that’s ok :smiley: but I guess like last year the prompts are optional or?

5 Likes

In ableton I have clips arranged in session view with follow actions to generate random rhythms and harmonies. Soloing with the OP1 Field. Please enjoy and have a wonderful day!

6 Likes

Yeah, prompts are totally optional! Just if you need extra inspiration or an additional challenge.

1 Like

ᴹᶦᶜʳᵒ

ᴶᵃᵐᵐᶦⁿ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵐᵃˡˡᵉʳ ˢʸⁿᵗʰˢ ᶦⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵘᵈᶦᵒ.
ᴹᵒᵈᵃˡ ᶜʳᵃᶠᵗˢʸⁿᵗʰ ᵒⁿ ᴰʳᵒⁿᵉ
ᴹᵒᵈᵃˡ ˢᵏᵘˡᵖᵗ ᵒⁿ ᴸᵉᵃᵈ
ᴰˣ ᴿᵉᶠᵃᶜᵉ ᵃᵈᵈᵉᵈ ˡᵉᵃᵈ ˡᵃʸᵉʳ
ˢᵗʳᵉᶦᶜʰᶠᵉᵗᵗ ᵒⁿ ᴮᵃˢˢ
ᴮᵉʰʳᶦⁿᵍᵉʳ ᶜʳᵃᵛᵉ ᵒⁿ ᶜʳᵃᶻʸ ᴸᶠᴼ ᶠᶦˡˡᵉʳ ˢᵒᵘⁿᵈ.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Used the Korg Microsampler here for sounds which I ran through a Strymon Volante (Magnetic Echo), and created loops in the EHX 720 stereo looper.

2 Likes

Mostly VSTs today, with a bit of Moog thrown in to give it some warmth/depth: Jan 10.mp3

The “micro” bits are a Music Box sample and an emulated Roland CR-78. They felt kinda toy-like so I thought it was a nice fit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool work here, sounds a bit like a sinister carnival. I love the lead synth on the OP1. :slight_smile:

So dreamy and lovely. With the image I thought it was going to be a banger. Nice surprise!

Lovely and eerie! Nice swells and leads. The plinks are cool too!

Today I scrolled Insta with sound on (the modern equivalent to the classic radio dial?) and sampled the first thing that made me smile.

Shout-out to @nerdork for the words.
I added the sounds.

4 Likes

Micro made me think microscope… so I zoomed in a bit. Started with one bar at 120bpm with 4 synths and then stretched it out to 2.5 minutes. Droney goodness! I left the original bar at the end of the track.

2 Likes

This Jam was came the easiest so far, and relatively happy with it. Just went back to last years process of building up sounds and just adding things that sound good together. Took 45minutes, and enjoyed every second…if its just the wine don’t tell me!

Made With KSP, OPZ,OP1(OG)

1 Like

That hihat was fun; felt like it was going to snake its way into my brain. :slight_smile:

Something really quick with the Woovebox — I just started learning how to use it. Recorded into the Kaosspad 2S Mini. I guess it’s a micro setup. :slight_smile:

https://files.thefishermenandthepriestess.com/Jamuary/2024/jamuary202410.flac

I’m starting to get a hang of the Woovebox, and its minimalist interface is starting to click. I’m going to watch some more tutorials, sample some stuff with it, and use it for my next few jams! I love portable battery-powered setups.

2 Likes