January 12th, 2024

Prompt: A song for a long lost friend
BPM: 99
Mood: hopeful

#jamuary2024 Langton’s Ant Sequencer with 2 Ants - with Launchpads, Volca FM, Bass, Drum and NTS-1

Now with 2 Ants!
The Teensy is running a version of Langton’s Ant to determine the colour of the squares on the Launchpads. As the sequence increments (see blue pad for sequence position) the NTS-1 is playing notes based on the Ants y position (Red & Orange pads). The Volcas are playing notes based on the white and black pads.

5 Likes

Made a quick psytrance-ish beat and jammed with the Mosi Nova some more.

4 Likes

The Mosi Nova is sooooo coool! Excellent jam.
I wants one precious…
Speaking of which, this music would be great for marching to Mt. Doom.

2 Likes

I was reminded of a jam session i did with my best friend the last time i was in my childhood hometown. This sounds a bit like what we played (with some drums thrown in): Jan 12.mp3

3 Likes

5 Likes

Let’s take a moment and remember the good times we had with people who have long gone their own way in life or beyond.

4 Likes

Lovin those jazzy vibes. it has something upbeat but sad at the same time. Interesting piece!

1 Like

I like the story behind the jam, it truly gives the jam a different layer. 99.9% of the times I make music I do it on my own but the times I have jamed with others where always an amazing feeling, when things go right some true magic can happen.

1 Like

That intro was so damn epic that your equpiment started to smoke!
I think I have something to youtube later tonight, interesting device.

After a minute it makes me feel like booting up Cyberpunk 2077 once again.

Sweet jam, keep up the creativity!

1 Like

That truly is a funny setup, not sure how those ants work but I’m sure they can do a lot of awesome things with that armada of Volcas!

Keep on jammin!

1 Like

Polyend/Dreadbox Medusa running into the Hologram Microcosm and Patterning. There’s also an iMini bass sound kind of droning back there, but I’m not sure it’s loud enough to hear. I can’t believe I only now found a “random” setting on the Medusa despite having the synth for several years. There are two “random” arps going, one left, one right. Guess I should take it out of its box more often :frowning:
I’ll dedicate this to Rick, who was a dude I used to jam with when we were growing up. He got into synths before I did and was always into talking about them. He’s no longer with us, but I found a comment he left on a soundcloud track many years ago that somehow I’d never seen - just yesterday.

4 Likes

Followed the prompt for once! Kept the lead live, and left in all the mistakes.

Made with OPZ, OP1, and KSP

1 Like

Thanks @CarfDarko! The black box bottom left has a teensy microcontroller in it. I programmed it to use the Launchpads as screen and “keyboard”. The Teensy sends MIDI out to the Synths.

Lovely jam! I’m partial to a bit of guitar myself. Nice work.

1 Like

Yes, I like those jazzy vibes too @Soupoclap. Lovely and relaxing!

1 Like

Lovely and poignant @CarfDarko . A friend truely missed…

That is a very cool looking synth @Gubna. It look to be very deep, no wonder you don’t know everything about it.
Your jam sounds very forlorn. I guess we miss people who are no longer with us. But we remember them.

1 Like

Terra and Cosmos

2 Likes