January 19th, 2024

Prompt: Unquantized
BPM: 95
Mood: resilient

#jamuary2024 Jam on Famous Prog Rock Riff - Variable Step Lengths Sequencer

I added Variable Step Lengths per note to my Sequencer and then jammed on a well know Prog Rock Riff. The unquantized aspect is the variable lengths… Bit of a stretch I know. :wink:

4 Likes

Here’s a weird one.

My grandfather was born 111 years ago today. I never knew him as he had passed away years before - I was born, also on this day.

5 Likes

Cool reflective track @Gubna. I like the randomish echo notes. Voice snippets are interesting.
Made me think of my Grandfather (Mum’s side). I was lucky enough to know him into my 20s. Nice thoughts. Although I never met Dad’s dad for the same reason as you.

6 Likes

You had me cracking up with the STRAWBERRIES line. This feels like something from Twin Peaks. I dig it.

6 Likes

After a mini hiatus, I set up a few voices on the modular and put this track together. Your neighbors will love the sub bass as much as mine did.

5 Likes

this is great! big fan of the mix, everything is nicely balanced

6 Likes

As I don’t use any MIDI IN I was not able to do the daily prompt. Lucky me 'cause my piano skills would make tonight really problematic… I rock Fruity’s pianoroll since '99 but tonights intention was to make it sound like it could have been a Tracker on the Amiga.

Started with the idea to jam a Turrican inspired track but ended up with something totally different but still epic in my book.

And I could not resist putting a little eastern egg in my daily thumbnail…

5 Likes

The violin sound is very cool! Goes really well with the plinky sound and piano.
Lovely lyrical lines. Well done!
This is my favourite from you so far.

1 Like

This is my first contribution for Jamuary ever. This page is pretty neat. I didn’t know there were prompts and this doesn’t fit the prompt for today but it is something I made today. My friend and I are working on a soundtrack to a module he is creating for TTRPG. So I guess it’s sort of sound design-ish. RPG Sound Design.

6 Likes

I finally found some time! Recorded a jam with the OP-Z and a mini theremin (e-ther) that sends MIDI CC:

If you look closely you can see that the OP-Z pitch shifts as I move my right hand. And the intensity of the LED on knob 1 also follows my left hand. It’s pretty neat to control the OP-Z parameters like that.

5 Likes

Nice ambient sounds for an area to explore during an RPG.
Welcome to the group and great start for a Jamuary jam!
Keep up the creativity!

2 Likes

Welcome!

Prompts are just suggestions, you can use them if you have writer’s block or if you’re looking for an extra challenge. I don’t do all of them, personally. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your song is gorgeous, love the atmosphere that you created there. I could listen for waaaay longer!

1 Like

Besides Mr Roboto a lot more interesting things are going on in this video!
That little device reminds me of my DBeam control on my groovebox,
great to play around with, never used it for a recording but this might be a trigger :wink:

1 Like

That’s a fun device. I’m interested in what’s inside it. I have tried a few sensors and they don’t seem to be accurate enough to be expressive.
Nice jam too!

1 Like

Lovely track. The wash of pads is very cool.

It does sound epic and like a tracker. Full on Games music, which I gather is your favourite… :wink:

1 Like