January 21st, 2024

Prompt: pentatonic
BPM: 104
Key: A minor
Mood: persistent

1 Like

#jamuary2024 - GR20 Sax, Volca Drum and TD 3
There is some persistence, Cm Pentatonic with b5ths so almost Am Pentatonic… :wink:

The Gr20 Guitar synth sax is so much fun to play! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I must say that the best part of Jamuary is coming here and seeing all the creative & talented performances. This was really amazing, that sax-guitar thing is so responsive… makes me wonder at all the physical modelling that went into making it.

2 Likes

Thanks Jim, it’s sample based. So basically a rompler for guitar. I also have an SY1000 which someone has programmed a patch to sound close to a sax which is good enough but this is the bees knees for me. It bends naturally too.

1 Like

Oh, I did not expect the sax to be coming from your guitar! awesome!

1 Like

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, or Sax from guitar. It gets some funny looks live. It’s also fun to play, feels natural.

2 Likes

I did two takes of this because I forgot to arm the Tascam. Hadn’t even realized it until I was putting it into Soundforge for mastering when I noticed it was something else I recorded and then decided to re-do it. It was similar to the first take I did, I think.

Some rhythm parts, and vocal pads coming from the Roland Fantom X6, a loop of shortwave radio playing on the Ditto X4 in the background and the Arturia Microfreak (running into the Strymon Volante magnetic echo), which has the midi arp from the pads on the Roland Fantom, and then I was playing the main melody manually. All recorded to a stereo track on the Tascam DP-008EX and then into the computer. I started it out as an A minor thing but I don’t think it ended up being very pentatonic.

5 Likes

Just sounds good. Lovely relaxing jam. Usually, I only forget to press record once a month…

Today was an off day, nothing felt or sounded right. Not happy with this jam at all, but needed to post something.

4 Likes

6 Likes
6 Likes

That was a tough one! But I liked the challenge.
Another gamish vibe jam, written with Genny (Sega Mega-Drive vst) in Flstudio.

5 Likes

Starting slow and gentle it does slowly envolves, I like, that was just that one Groovebox alone?

As I started with the MC505 20+ years ago it’s just fun to see what they do nowdays.

Nice jam!
It once again takes me places, doing unexpected dives and such. Great changes in patches, way more chaotic than I would/but should try to write :wink:
Keep on jammin dude!
Knuffel!

1 Like

Still a great jam dude, can’t force creativity but it seems you worked your way around the unavailable vibes.
Keep on jammin <3

1 Like

Ended up having a real funky jam session with myself. A minor pentatonic is my go-to for blues, so i decided to jazz it up and see what came out: Jan 21.mp3

3 Likes

Not every day is a great jam in our own minds because we were expecting something else. It was still worth doing. Good on you!

Keep on jamming as Carf says…

1 Like

This is great. I like the rhythmic patterns of the different synths as the bubble and pulse.

1 Like

Great initial pattern. Sounds so good… Glad it keeps going.
Cool track, nice beats and overlaid pattern.

Funky!!! I’m superstitious about this track, very…
Great bouncy music with cool melodic lines and those punctuating noise/chords.
:slight_smile: