January 25th, 2024

This is the last week — 7 more jams to go!

Prompt: battery powered. Make a jam using only battery powered instruments, if possible.
BPM: 95
Key: D Dorian

1 Like

Modal Skulpt, Modal Craftsynth 2.0, Reface DX and Boss DR-3 got some work to do tomorrow!

Final week of Jamuary woot!

It’s so great to see that 2024 folder growing!

#jamuary2024 - Pocket Operators - Grungy Bass and Mellotron
Challenge: Battery Powered. The black box provides sync, it is also battery powered by USB.

4 Likes

I tried this with the few battery powered things I have but it was just horrible.
Korg Samples 2, two buddha boxes, and two tape cassette players that I attempted to have two tape loops playing. Then one of the cassette players died. The better of the two. I’ll have to try something else later.
I’ll limit it to devices which can run on batteries, but I’ll just have them on regular power. I don’t have enough batts.

1 Like

I sampled the output of the WarioWare D.I.Y. Music Screen to get all these wonderful sounds: Jan 25.mp3

Here’s a pic of my “setup”:

4 Likes

Well, technically the SH-4d can run on batteries, soooo…

5 Likes

Korg Microsampler and Roland SP404mkII
and that weird ticking sound as the hi-hat is actually the sound of a honey bee that got stuck in the plastic screen of a basement window. I think I was able to set it free, but I recorded it cause I thought it was a cool sound.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Another experimental jam, this time with a theremin I got my wife a couple years ago, that she never ended up playing. Figured Jamuary was as good a time as any for it to get some use. I hooked it up to my Zoom G1x pedal and found a patch that makes it sound like Donald Duck laughing.

2 Likes

Great track! That was a nice idea getting all those fun sounds out of Wario Ware for the jam !

1 Like

had my head bobbing from the beginning. Especially love that heavy snare

1 Like

This developed nicely. Love how percussive the melody lines were

What a cool sample! I also loved the buzzing sound that kinda sounded like interference from a radio wave going through speakers

My fiance reallly wants a theremin. I have a feeling she would make it laugh like donald duck constantly if we had one :sweat_smile:

I really loved the dynamics in this one. It’s cool how the slides of the theramin interact with the delay (or reverb, or whatever that pedal is doing)

1 Like

Meh, not my best one, but it hits the prompt.

Modal Craftsynth 2.0 on Bass
Modal Skulpt on tu du du tu du du du du thingie that goes on forever
Yamaha DX reface on Lead
Yamaha PSA-A50 keyboard on piano/pizzcato/guitar
Boss DR3 on Drumzzz

Got a backlog of jams to check out from you guys!

4 Likes

Nice idea, as @MyopicMycelium says, to sample a battery device. Cool result, nice and playful!

Beautiful sounds, I can see why you would get this. Lovely listen.

Some great sounds on this and well put together. Cool work!

This is lovely and I was drifting along and then the sprinkles of synths and glitches interrupted. Great for a a film score.

1 Like

Fabulous jam. Glorious sounds, even the so called “Donald Duck”.
Theremins are cool things, I have an app on my phone that scratches that itch for me…
:wink:

1 Like