January 6th, 2024

Prompt: use a sample from public domain material
BPM: 99
Mood: destructive

#jamuary2024 - Sy1000 Guitar Synth and RC 500 Looper.
The lead synth Patch is called “Welcome to the Machine”.

Thanks to Nobulusprime for the Awesome SY1000 patch. Genius programming.

3 Likes
4 Likes

This was fun! I took a loop from Bob Grant and His Orchestra playing the “Song Hits of 1917” track “Will You Remember Me” and threw it through my Moog Grandmother connected to a Lyra 8 FX module.

Jan 6.mp3

The second half of this thing makes me both excited and terrified :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Funky! That guitar tone does sound a LOT like Roger Water’s tone from Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here.

When those hihats come in, I was hooked. Super tight. I love how fast the lead synth releases - it leaves so much space for the underlying beat to shine through.

1 Like

Original: The Butcher’s Boy by Buell Kazee (Recording date: 18.1.1928)
Destroyed today @ 99 BPM

1 Like

That’s why its called “Welcome to the Machine” :wink:

1 Like

The other day Beto suggested using an acoustic instrument, saw it after I’d posted so I did it here. Acoustic guitar, alt tuning (although I’d have to get the tuner out to tell you what it is. I think there’s a C# in there.)

1 Like

Rad. I’ve never seen all three OP’s in one place before! Do you use your dice for music production (randomization?)

2 Likes

@Expensive_Notes Damn that is funky!!

1 Like

Great sounds here. I like the squelchy sounds after the cow was released.

1 Like

Thanks, It was the bass patch that did it.

The most important lesson I’ve learned from today’s jam was to sincerely thank the host from the party so a big thank you to @beto for making all of this possible!

Now back to the regular program!

Source file is What Makes a Good Party (1950)

Hope to be here tomorrow, my mum is not doing well and while I truly love jammin in Jamuary, mums health goes above everything.

Keep on rockin!

6 Likes

Not super happy with this one, but doing something to not break the streak. Did a quick jam on the OP-Z using a sample from Cole Porter.

@CarfDarko, wishing your mother a quick recovery!

3 Likes

I found a sample in a Philip Pullman audio book (*hint: Dæmons) that really captures the mood of the day here in America… I thought it appropriate on this particular day.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Broke out the Theremin again, but this time learned to implement effects with the OPZ and OP1 in the signal chain. Fun Times!

Made with: KSP, OP1, OPZ, MOOG Theremin

4 Likes

SP-404, Pulsar-23, and a Lemondrop.

4 Likes

Wow! This really gives me an idea of the mood over there. Well done!