January 9th, 2024

Prompt: Do something unexpected
BPM: 87
Mood: optimistic

2 Likes

Well, this one would be unexpected! I think it’s optimistic, not sure if it has a BPM!!

#jamuary2024 - Blippoo for Wingie2 and Monotron Delay Jam

The Blippoo program for the Wingie2 just makes weird noises…

4 Likes

Jam #9 already!

Not sure what will happen tomorrow but happy with the progress so far!

Just go with the flow, you know, this might be truly inspiring for tomorrows jam!

I think I will setup my Crave with a bassline and a beat with one of the grooveboxes, prepare some crazy sounds on the synths and some FX and just jam!

1 Like

Sorry, it is tomorrow here already…

Sounds good! They seem to be good. Go with it!

Lol true, but there is still sleeping time in between for me.

1 Like
6 Likes

I do like the look of the MicroFreak (The keyboardRD) doesn’t bother me. I think it’s good you can get the mini now with proper keys. The Field looks like fun but I could buy a new high powered computer for the cost it is in Australia!

Anyway, I’m glad you have such gear and can make such lovely music with it. Lush and beautiful. Well done!

1 Like

Monome Norns, Generation Loss, piano, and field recordings from Australia. Major keys are optimistic, right? :wink:

5 Likes

Very chill! I love the footage that you paired with the music as well

1 Like

This one kinda feels like a party with the Mad Hatter: Jan 9.mp3

The “something unexpected” is a melotron patch I’ve never used. I really like it - very Abbey Road/Strawberry Fields. Would love to know what others think.

2 Likes

This is all from the microfreak, multi tracked into my Tascam DP008EX. Started with the beat - which is a little weird because I recorded a loop with the microcosm for part of it, so it sync’s and unsync’s. then I let the bass play (arp setting) and recorded that. Then I played the other two key parts separately along which were running through the microcosm on different settings.

5 Likes

@MyopicMycelium Nice! Sounds really good! How do you like the minifreak?

@senescence_ca Very pleasant. I really enjoyed the tree video!

2 Likes

I’m finally back in ambient mode… This track features a tape loop going through MOOD MKII, a pre-recorded guitar loop in Blooper, and live deerhorn organ playing through Habit.

6 Likes

Your party encountered a SURPRISE ATTACK by three hipster vampires carying a boombox and blasting my latest Jamuary jam at you on max volume, doing 3x D8 damage!

Roll for initiative!

Some details.

First half of the track is Genny VST, a Sega Mega-Drive VST that really has that gnarly FM sound I adore.
Second half is the same piece just playing around in the studio, it feels like what it could have been if the same game was released on Sega-CD back in the days.emphasized text

5 Likes

2 Likes

Lovely organised randomness, you did surprise me by really not knowing what to expect next but still managed to keep it all together and organise that lovely noise. Great job :slight_smile:

1 Like

lovely and adventurous story telling jam :slight_smile:

1 Like

My entry for today: unexpected hypnose

Here I’m playing with unexpected harmonics that occur when the delay timing overlaps with the tempo and new times and noises come into existence.

4 Likes