Show that studio!

JP 8000 :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
There is nothing more to say :smiley:

Oh cool small setup :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

And I see you have the platform pedal from ehx. Can you tell me how it performs? Do you use it only for playing live in that setup (as an end of chain compression???) or for mixing duties as well?

Interested in that little fella since a long time.

I lost my studio space a couple of month ago and now have half my stuff build up in a corner of my flat, with the other stuff sitting in shelves unused :frowning: hard to keep the mess away with such less space, but I try to do my best to still produce sounds :smiley:

2 Likes

From my entire setup (I have a bit more than what is shown in the picture, and I bought and sold a lot of stuff last year) there are 2 pieces of gear that I’ll never sell:

• The Model: Cycles (I grew up with a Sega Mega Drive (Genesis), so that quirky FM sound is in my genes)
  • The EHX Platform

In the past I have used the Platform as an end chain compression, but nowadays it’s just a companion to the M:C, and I always use the Platform in combination with it. Just to give that FM sound a bit of compression and Drive. And that’s the fun part of the Platform: with the Drive and Tone you can go from β€œjust adding a little bit of grit” to full-blown acid distortion.

The only thing that I hardly use is the β€œSwell” functionality, although it kind of emulates a tapestop-kind-of-effect when used in combination with a groovebox.

Anyway, great little device!

1 Like