Visuals for music videos, doing it Carf style!

Sup awesome people!

Yesterday I’ve got twice the same question around here and also on my YT channel, how do I create those epic visuals that go with my videos.

As I don’t like to share real life video’s of myself I have been using several tools over the past years, from interactive wallpapers triggered by audio to using game engines till even building a fully working club in 16bit SNES style with lights and lasers for streaming!

But the one I learned about last year is truly the most easy and versatile tool ever!

It is called ZGameVisualiser and although the name sounds stupid, the program is everything but <3
If you are a software tinker yourself you can go all out with their core tool:

https://zgameeditor.org/index.php/Main/Download

Which really reminds me of the visualizer that came with Winamp back early 2000.

But if you are lazy as me and just want to use it as a finishing touch after a good session you just go with the version in ̶F̶r̶u̶i̶t̶y̶l̶o̶o̶p̶s̶ FLStudio, if you can’t find it you can always add it as a VST.

The latest version even comes with a Wizard mode, which makes it even more easy to use!

Mine is still just following a stereo signal but its possible to link animations to certain audio channels, making it possible to let one animation respond to the KICK while another followes the SNARE. Which is actually how I discovered this neat program, as one of my friends uploaded a video using it and I was like… DUDE, HOW DO I FIX THAT!

I still hope to one day dive into Blender and be able to make them myself but for now this is a neat midway that really helps me making my Jamuary vids a little more awesome.

4 Likes